Careers & Opportunities
Director of Production & Engineering
Swirnow Building Systems is looking to hire a driven Director of Production & Engineering to oversee and execute all phases of estimation, product design, production, and logistics for our specialty structural and architectural cladding systems.
Who is Swirnow Building Systems?SM
We are a 49 year old Baltimore, Maryland based multi-regional, full service, design-distributor of specialty structural flooring and architectural cladding systems, serving designers and contractors across the country.
About The Team & Role:
The Director of Production & Engineering will work closely with our executive team to execute business strategies, improve our processes and expand our capabilities. The Director of Production & Engineering will play a pivotal role in strengthening the organization through analytics, accountability and executing plans. You will engage with all departments and personnel, all contracts, and manage relationships with manufacturers and suppliers.
The Director of Production & Engineering will be responsible for all project fullfillment and ensure all projects are completed according to schedule, aligning to design goals, while ensuring profitability. The ideal candidate will be able to manage effectively across all subsets within their department while working closely with our sales team to drive revenue.
Core Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Estimating.
- Schedule Takeoffs.
- Conceptual Design - Review drawings and establish Hambro® Joist framing, and NeaCera® Panel layouts and details for takeoffs. Determine applicable loading conditions, special conditions and the need for accessories.
- Check completed takeoffs.
- Log estimating results into database for proposal development.
- Review proposals and edit as appropriate for submission to customers.
To be successful the individual must:
- Assess and confirm Shop Drawings prior to submission.
- Review Project Specifications, detailing exceptions with explanations.
- Supervise the scheduling and tracking of Shop Drawing submittals and approvals.
- Monitor and supervise fabrication schedules.
- Ensure department quality standards and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure contract compliance and Change Control.
- Oversee Field Services and problem resolution.
- Provide technical expertise to internal teams and customers to support sales efforts.
- General production group administration and troubleshooting.
- Prepare Schedule of Value for Jobs.
- Review and approve Invoices.
- Help prepare and edit as appropriate, letters to customers.
- Obtain and review Certificates of Insurance from consultants and service providers.
- Contract administration – Participate in review of all Purchase Orders/Contracts. Suggest modifications as appropriate for review and/or execution. Negotiate as needed with customers to obtain mutually agreeable modifications.
- Prepare written employee evaluations for individual reviews.
- Review and approve timesheets for payroll processing.
- Track attendance and schedule of vacations for personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar required.
- Minimum 10+ years experience.
- Experience in Construction or Heavy & Highway building products required.
- Intermediate user of MS Office Suite, preferably advanced.
- Strong managerial skills. Able to develop, inspire, manage and hold personnel accountable.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Swirnow Building Systems is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Territory Sales Consultant
We are growing! Your passion, energy and creative selling skills are what we need! It is a great time to join our sales team. Not only do we take pride in what we do, we are passionate about delivering the right solution to our clients.
Swirnow Building SystemsSM is celebrating over 45 years of serving the design and building communities. The group has a long history of innovating and providing architectural cladding and structural floor and framing solutions for multi‐unit residential, commercial, retail and institutional projects across the country.
We are seeking a Territory Sales Consultant to aggressively expand our sales foot-print and grow market share of our NeaCera® branded exterior cladding product line under our Avenere Cladding division.
We are entrepreneurial and progressive, passionate about our solutions and services, and committed to driving value and success for our customers, employees and stakeholders. As such, we seek to work efficiently and effectively.
The Territory Sales Consultant role is as an individual contributor tasked with providing the very best in customer service to our target audience, the Architect/Designer, General Contractor, and the Installer/Sub-contractor. Additionally, they are responsible for executing sales and marketing plans, programs and projects, while promoting NeaCera Terra-cotta Cladding Solutions in the commercial building market space.
The Territory Sales Consultant will actively interact and engage the customer by communicating the product attributes, features, and benefits, and increase product sales to Architects and Installers via a business model that leverages and builds upon Avenere Cladding’s industry-leading and comprehensive digital platforms.
To further his/her position with the client base, the Territory Sales Consultant will need to develop into a trusted advisor by:
- Treating the customer as the “Lead Actor” and him/herself as “Supporting Actor”.
- Having a working knowledge of other like-category cladding products such as fiber-cement, vinyl siding, brick, etc., in order to function as a valued resource.
- Understand the customer’s business better than your competitors do.
- Continuously learn about and get familiar with new products, methods, services offered in the market place.
- Seek to understand more about the immediate customer contact and their organization as a whole. Develop a list of “Who’s Who In The Zoo”.
The position can be either remote or based in our Baltimore, Maryland offices.*
To be successful the individual must display:
- Influencing and persuading
- Seek to motivate and balance that with perseverance
- Maintain composure while being resilient
- Build long-lasting relationships at all levels of the client’s organization
- Be prepared to initiate action
- Always seek information to determine next course of action
- Manage time diligently – make every opportunity count
- Maintain a full sales funnel at all times
We operate in a fast-paced collaborative environment focusing on optimizing individual talent in a team-based atmosphere, and leveraging technology to achieve our growth objectives. This environment requires excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, diligent follow-up, and the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively.
This career opportunity is for a serious hands-on professional who understands the value and power of leveraging technology in today’s market place.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in sales
- Experience with architectural or engineered building systems is a plus
- Minimum 4 year College Degree
- Customer-centric approach
- Sense of urgency – “Always Be Closing”
- Creative, passionate and high-achiever
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional work ethic and self-driven individual
- Ability to work successfully both independently and within a team environment
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves team player
- Ability to travel infrequently to tradeshows, customers, and jobsites
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Competitive salary, bonuses and incentive plan
- Comprehensive product training
- Outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision and retirement plan
- Potential for career advancement
- Exciting and progressive working environment
To learn more about us and our independent affiliates, please visit www.swirnow.com.
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume in confidence to Kica Loliyong at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
(*) - Terms to be discussed.